Good bye 2004... Hello 2005


Happy New Year
Originally uploaded by Nikocrash.
Well, it's hard to believe but we have made it to another year! 2005 is here, nearly here! I think 2004 was a very full year many things happened both good and the not so good! This time of the year is always such an interesting time of the year for me. Part of me thinks back over the previous year all the things I was able to do, all the places I was able to go, and all the relationships formed- and my heart is filled with thanks and a smile comes to my face! Part of me also thinks back to the things I failed to do, the places still not gotten to, and the relationships I have failed in or neglected to start... and I could frown on that- but then I remember 2004 is over and 2005 is here and there is a deep hope that comes with 2005 a hope that is grounded in Jesus! This hope is Jesus with me for every choice, for every move, for every country visited, and the hope of Jesus being at the very core of every relationship! It's a new start a fresh beginning- with the past to help guide me but my gaze is forward into this next year!
Some people this time of the year set for themselves New Years Resolutions maybe that is good for some people and if you have made them- by all means good luck with it! But this year I was thinking about a resolution of a different sort. I have been thinking very much about a verse in the Bible: Luke 1:33 an old Moravian version says this... "HIS KINGDOM SHALL HAVE NO FRONTIER." What an amazing version! This just screams resolution (a firm decision to do something, firmness of mind or purpose) on God's part! And so I find myself wanting this more and more myself! That His kingdom really will have no frontier- there will be no boarder left uncrossed, whether that is a boarder on a map, or a boarder in a relationship... that there will be no place that we could still call "Frontier" at the end of this year! Is that a big goal? is that a huge resolution? You better believe it! Is it only for some to take part in? Never! I really believe this is a resolution that we as the Church must take as our own- right from God's hand and make it our own! And resolve in our hearts that His Kingdom SHALL have no frontier! And if we fail in 2005 then we just hope for a 2006 to roll around so we can keep at it! His Kingdom come on earth as it is in Heaven and may it have NO frontier!!! Happy New Year- celebrate hard and long and far! There is something or should I say someone worth celebrating!

No comments: